Great teachers can change the lives of many, such is the impact they have on young minds. With being responsible, responsive, reflective, taking initiative and monitoring progress, academic improvement of the student is inevitable. All communication blocks and barriers should be removed because learning will happen only in a socially collaborative space and when the students are connected with their teachers. This will encourage them to apply their knowledge instead of being a passive receiver. The following guiding questions can help achieve that connectedness-
- How can you guide and recruit students in their choice of learning programs, courses and modules that are appropriate for them and meet their academic goals?
- How can you ensure that your students learn to their best in your class?
- How can you best work with parents, classroom assistants, mentors and others?
- How do you design a course /programme that ensures maximum success for your students?
- How do you discover the support that your students will need to succeed in their academic programs and make sure that they get it?
- How do you make sure that you are not inadvertently excluding some students due to some of your own personal biases?
- How do you improve the flavor of your teaching and adapt them in the best possible way to address the needs of your students?
Students learn from teamwork, self-assessment and peer assessment. Your feedback to the students to be such that they know their strengths and weaknesses. Be reflective and evaluate and plan your own teaching practices. At the same time be receptive towards your students interests and ideas. This will make you become a critical thinker which will lead to skilled reasoning and develop intellectual standards like precision, clarity, relevance, depth accuracy and significance.