CBSE Class 10 Board Exam 2020: Problems students could face if choosing Basic Maths option
Boards 2020 will be the first time the students will have the option of choosing basic maths. To make an informed choice, teachers have listed our few problems students may face if they choose basic maths.
- The curriculum will be the same. Only the question paper for those students who do not wish to continue with Mathematics in senior secondary classes will be simpler.
- Students opting for basic maths may have problems if they want to change their board in class 11
- There is no clarification made regarding the validity of basic mathematics with other boards.
- Students opting for basic mathematics will be able to take computers in class 11 and 12
- Students can take the standard mathematics paper with the compartment examination conducted in July lest they change their mind later on
- Although the decision to choose basic or standard mathematics is entirely the child and the parents prerogative but one should carefully study the FAQs shared by CBSE from time to time
- Choice of basic or standard mathematics is being taken in written by the school. Parents to carefully check all the details as correcting them at a later date may be cumbersome.
- In case you wish to change the board in class 11, it is advisable to get in touch with the respective board to seek clarity on the validity of basic maths as a subject